Vardavard Afforestation Project – Phase 3
- Land area: 400 ha
- Locality: North of Tehran-Karaj Highway and on the southern outskirts of Alborz chain of mountains, within the jurisdiction of District 22 of Tehran Municipality, overlooking Vardavard afforestation
- Flora: Chiefly semi-steppe plants such as Astragalus sp., Acantholimon sp. (locally known as Kolah Mir Hassan), Acanthophyllum sp., Artemisia sp., as well as tree species of Amygdalus scoparia, Amygdalus lycioides, Pistacia sp., Pistacia atlantica tree constitute the flora of this region.
- Water resources: Deep water well pumped out and conveyed by tankers and hoses
- Afforestation method: Embankments in the slope lands with a distance of 5 x 5 and digging holes 60 cm x 60 cm with four-meter distance from one another
- Planted species: Tehran pine tree, silver cypress tree, cedar tree, walnut tree, Celtis australis, varnish tree, acacia, Morus alba "fruitless", and wild pistachio
- Special Function (Significance): Developing and completing greenbelt around Tehran, cooling weather and moderating temperature, proliferation of flora and fauna biodiversity, preventing unbridled development of the city